On my old blog, I used to do a thing called Friday Things. A list of stuff that I am grateful for, stuff I liked during the week, things that made me laugh, things that made me stop and think, things that make me cry a little. So I start again.
Some things I am grateful for this week:
- Naturally, my family (you can take this as a given, that I am always grateful for them)
- Shops that have staff that actually know what they do, when you encounter it, you are so amazed and so happy. Thank you loveliest of salespeople at Skatehut.
- Years of piano means that my kid is now playing tunes I adore listening to while she practices. Same goes for the violin.
- My essential oil diffuser. I love coming back in the room and the scent is so wonderful.
- The internet. I know it gets a bad rep at times and yes, you have to monitor how much you use it on a daily basis. BUT… it’s also pretty awesome.
This video made me cry. I believe my husband is currently packing his bags and following his destiny to become a dog hugger (he would be so good at it, too):
Also: Go Iceland: Iceland elects 41-year-old environmentalist as prime minister
I found this TEDMED talk by Dr. Nadine Burke Harris super interesting, how childhood adversity impacts adult health.
When countries around Europe introduced women’s suffrage.
Happy weekend everyone.